DOH Madison COVID-19 Vaccination Information
December 28, 2020
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Department of Health-Madison offers COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
The Executive Order 21-79 directs us to vaccinate all Floridians who are eligible as determined by the Food and Drug Administration effective April 5, 2021. Eligibility currently includes all residents ages 16 and older. It should be noted that only the Pfizer vaccine is approved to be used with ages 16-17. DOH-Madison does not have a supply of the Pfizer vaccine. DOH-Madison ill focus on ages 18 and older, using Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines.
Florida residents 18 and older can obtain an appointment by completing any of the processes listed below:
- Email the completed and signed Vaccine Screening and Consent Form to MadisonCHD@flhealth.gov
- Deliver the completed form to DOH Madison at 218 SW Third Avenue, Madison, Florida, 32340.
- Call (850) 973-5000 and select 1 to schedule your appointment.
- Register with ShareCare at myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866) 201-4940.
Once received, you will be contacted to schedule your vaccine administration appointment. Scheduling staff will make you aware of our vaccine inventory if you are requesting a specific brand of vaccine.
DOH Madison coordinated with local private health care providers to administer the vaccine to their front-line health care workers. Beginning in January 2021, DOH Madison has held vaccination events at the Van H. Priest auditorium. We are now vaccinating three days each week at our clinic and larger vaccination events will continue one day each week at the Van H. Priest Auditorium. As of April 11, 2021, 7,560 doses have been administered with 3,376 completing the series. Sixty-three percent of those 65 and older and 48% of those 50 have been vaccinated in Madison County.
For additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please read the Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Why Get Vaccinated and visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/ or https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html.
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (PDF, 111kB)
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (Spanish) (PDF, 128kB)
- Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 250kB)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 239kB)
- Why Get Vaccinated (PDF, 405kB)
- COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability (PDF, 90kB)