DOH Madison COVID-19 Vaccination Information
December 28, 2020
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Department of Health-Madison offers COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
The Executive Order 21-62 directs us to focus on the following populations:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Persons 50 years of age and older;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact; and
- Persons determined by a physician to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19
(Must submit a determination form signed by physician)
Florida residents who fall into any of the above listed categories can obtain an appointment by completing any of the processes listed below:
- Email the completed and signed Vaccine Screening and Consent Form to MadisonCHD@flhealth.gov
- Deliver the completed form to DOH Madison at 218 SW Third Avenue, Madison, Florida, 32340.
- Call (850) 973-5000 and select 1 to schedule your appointment.
- Register with ShareCare at myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866) 201-4940.
Once received, you will be contacted to schedule your vaccine administration appointment.
DOH Madison coordinated with local private health care providers to administer the vaccine to their front-line health care workers. Beginning in January 2021, DOH Madison has held vaccination events at the Van H. Priest auditorium. As of March 19, 2021, 5,981 doses have been administered with 2,414 completing the series. Fifty-nine percent of those 65 and older and 31% of those 60-64 have been vaccinated in Madison County.
As additional vaccine is made available, the vaccines will be provided to additional groups in a coordinated, orderly and efficient manner to help slow or stop the spread of COVID-19 within the community. DOH Madison does not have information on when additional groups will be eligible as we await the governor’s orders.
For additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please read the Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Why Get Vaccinated and visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/ or https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html.
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (PDF, 111kB)
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (Spanish) (PDF, 128kB)
- Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 612kB)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 120kB)
- Why Get Vaccinated (PDF, 405kB)
- COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability (PDF, 90kB)